We are proud to have been named as “one of the 5 UK Startups to look out for in 2014 and business with something special to add to the Web experience in 2014” by influential Tech blog EU Startups.
In their own words, EU Startups cover Internet and Mobile startups out of the European Union and the European continent. Aside of our focus on young companies we also profile established firms or publish other news out of the tech-space that have a commercial or cultural impact on startups in Europe. Our vision is it to connect the European startup scene and to encourage entrepreneurship within Europe.
Startups are springing up everywhere in Europe at an increasing rate. In the beginning of this year, we took a look at some major European countries and tried to come up with a list of 5 startups (each country) to look out for in 2014. After France, Italy and Spain, we’re now going to present you our list of 5 UK Startups to look out for in 2014. All of listed startups entered the market within the last two years and each of them has something special to add to the web experience in 2014.
1. Cezanne HR: The London-based startup Cezanne HR is taking a new approach to HR software. Founded in 2013, the company developed an online HR software system that offers all of the sophistication of older-style hosted and on-premise HR software but is faster to deploy, easier to manage and considerably more cost effective. Cezanne HR offers a Pay as you go pricing (with monthly fees adjusted to reflect the number of employees) and many other pros of a SaaS technology platform.
2. Ziffit: Launched in May 2013, Ziffit.com is a UK-based media buying website. The startup enables its users to sell books, games, CDs and DVDs online. Quotes are provided instantly, while funds can be transferred directly to a bank or PayPal account once a trade is complete. Ziffit also cooperates with JustGiving to allow customers to donate any proceeds to charity. To get a quote, users simply enter the barcode for all games, CDs and DVDs or an ISBN for books. They will then be given a price, which can be rejected or accepted. Currently, Ziffit’s service is only available to customers in the UK, although further expansion is planned in future.
3. lovemycourse: The UK’s first specialist site for buying and selling courses. Think of it: “You wouldn’t visit 30 hotels’ sites to book a hotel room, so why do so for courses”. The London-based startup lovemycourse.com already offers over 70,000 courses, classes and lessons of any kind. The team behind lovemycourse found that only 19% of course providers offer online booking on their own website. This was one of the reasons why they saw a need to create lovemycourse. Founded in 2012, the site has now become an inspiring place to find new things to learn and to book your perfect course.
4. StreetHub: A hyper-local, online-to-offline, marketplace for bricks and mortar retailers which was founded in 2013. The London-based startup StreetHub allows consumers to discover what products are available around them, in real time, from the comfort of their smartphone, tablet or laptop. For independent home and fashion retailers, StreetHub gives them the scale and technology to market themselves and drive more customers. In December of 2013, StreetHub secured $1.2 million in Seed funding.
5. Zesty: Founded in the end of 2012 and launched in 2013, Zesty is an online Healthcare appointment booking service. The startup’s vision is to make booking your next Healthcare appointment as easy, fast and convenient as booking a flight, hotel or restaurant. With Zesty you will be able to find Healthcare professionals near you, read user reviews and book healthcare appointments in real time, 24 hours a day on your Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone. The London-based startup has been financially backed by Mangrove Capital Partners and Business Angels.
If you have any questions about this post or any other blog post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 287 5416, we would be happy to help 🙂
www.zesty.co.uk – Follow us on Twitter – Like us on Facebook – Follow us on YouTube Like us on Google+ – Follow us on Vimeo – Like us on Pinterest – Sign up for Launch – Follow us on Linkedin – Like us on Instagram – Listen to Zesty on Sound cloud